Ever wondered how the dotted outline on some of our crafts are so inline and perfect? Well today we are going to show you how we do it. Whether this is the correct “silhouette way” we don’t know but it’s a method that we find simple. Everyone seems to have their own ways of doing things, don’t they? Well, this is ours.
- Open Silhouette Studio and click the shapes button on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Draw a circle left click anywhere on the page and drag.
💡 Did you know: holding down the shift key keeps the circle in shape.
- While the circle is selected, click the line style button on the right-hand side of the screen
- Select the dotted line style from the drop down.
- Adjust the thickness and watch the circle outline change.
- Click the trace icon from the right-hand side of the screen
- click ‘select trace area’. Click and drag over the circle.
- Select trace outline and click trace at the bottom of the box.
- Select the circle again and click and drag it somewhere else on the screen
- The outlines will be left behind to form the cut lines.
We’re not sure whether this is the correct way but it works for us so we thought we’d share with you guys. Sharing’s caring! 😊