Check out these cool slogan cork coasters. We’ve used our beautiful pastel HTV Turbo heat transfer vinyl to make these plain boring cork coasters look pretty. Using a Silhouette Cameo cutter, these were so quick and easy to create.
Check out our step by step:
- Create your design in Silhouette studio. (check out our blog on how to create a dotted outline... coming soon!)
- Mirror your image. To do this: click and drag over your design and then right click and select – flip horizontally.
- Load the pastel vinyl into the Cameo. (shiny side down)
💡 Did you know: that you can load multiple colours into the cutter at once by simply using different areas of the cutting mat.
- Send to cut – for projects using our HTV Turbo we recommend a cutting force of 10.
- Unload the cutting mat from the cutter and peel the vinyl from the mat
- Weed away the excess
- Lay the vinyl face down on to the cork coaster.
- Heat press at 130 degrees, for 5 seconds. Alternatively, you can also use an iron. When using an iron we recommend turning the iron up to the cotton setting and pressing down hard for around 10 seconds.
💡 Did you know: it would be unsafe to use ironing board. You will need a strong flat surface that will allow you to apply pressure.
- Peel away the plastic overlay while it is still hot.
- Leave to cool down.
There you have it. Some pretty customised cork coasters all handmade by you! :)